Sunday, December 31, 2017

WE WEAR DRAWS TOO: DASOUL UNDERWEAR feat. Steve Oback at BMG Models

model: Steve Oback - @steveoback
(BMG Models NYC)
ph. Tarrice Love - @i_am_tarricelove


I am a black photographer that has always used my platform to show support to people of color in my community. Most of the models i photograph bring designer underwear to be worn in their photos for their portfolios. These photos are shared all over the internet on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and their representatives websites and blogs. Its FREE viral advertising that we are providing for these brand. Most of these brands are white owned and feature mostly white models in their advertising and packaging. They don't visually represent colored people as if we don't we buy and wear their products. Our demographic is overlooked and underappreciated. They really don't have to because we are doing it for free. Everytime we  post an image wearing their logos and  branding, we introduce these brands to our communities and advertise with no compensations. Alot of these brands pay internet/ social media influencers top dollar to feature them on the sites. If we are lucky, they might send us some free underwear to use in our work to advertise to our community. 



model: Steve Oback - @steveoback
(BMG Models NYC)
ph. Tarrice Love - @i_am_tarricelove

In America, people of color make up an increasing spending power of over $913 billion dollars a year. I decided if i was going to allow branding and logos to be featured in my imagery, I use this opportunity to show my support and introduce a designer underwear company that is black-owned. There are lots of talent designers of color who make great products but dont have the resources these mainstream brands… they need the support and exposure.
model: Steve Oback - @steveoback
(BMG Models NYC)
ph. Tarrice Love - @i_am_tarricelove

Menswear designer Andrew Nowell is also the designer of DASOUL UNDERWEAR for men (https://dasoulinc.com). Recently brand ambassador, fitness model/actor, Steven Oback Johnson stopped by the lab. I have seen lots of images of models wearing underwear on my social media timelines. It was my 1st time seeing a model wearing DASOUL underwear. It was my 1st time physically seeing and touching the product.The fabic felt great. It is a blend of nylon and spandex that is stretchy and comfortable. The contour design is perfect for guys that have more thighs and glutes than the average guy featured on underwear packaging. My momma would say these underwear are for "grown ass men" who eat cornbread, lol. I wanted a pair for myself….I have  decide to use  my branding power to support black owned businesses who actually have me and customers like me in mind.

model: Steve Oback - @steveoback
(BMG Models NYC)
ph. Tarrice Love - @i_am_tarricelove

No comments:

Post a Comment